VideoAmp, Inc. (“VideoAmp”) adopts this Privacy Notice to VideoAmp employees regarding the collection of personal information (the “Privacy Notice”). Employees with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting email@example.com.
VideoAmp is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information in compliance with applicable law. VideoAmp in the course of its business asks employees to provide personal information necessarily relating to your employment. This Privacy Notice describes how VideoAmp collects and uses your personal information, the categories of personal information it collects, and instances where it may disclose your personal information to third parties. VideoAmp intends only to collect and process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise required or prohibited by applicable law.
Categories of Personal Information VideoAmp Collects and How We Use It
VideoAmp (directly or thru its service providers) collects and processes information from you for human resource, employment and benefit administration purposes, in the ordinary course of running our business, and where necessary to comply with any local, state, and federal legal obligations. VideoAmp obtains the categories of personal information listed below from you (or from a service provider) and the information you provide during your job application process, the transition process to employment, performance of your job, during the selection of your benefits as an employee, and other applicable times. In some cases, VideoAmp may obtain a background check and/or consumer report from a consumer reporting agency once an offer of employment is made.
Some general examples of information VideoAmp collects (directly or thru its service providers), or in the future may collect, include the following categories of personal information:
- Personal identifiers you provide when you apply for a job, supply information for your benefits, or in context of your employment with us, such as your first and last name, your home and/or mailing address, your email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and/or other government identification numbers, immigration and work authorization status, signature, and username and/or account name. VideoAmp collects this information for job or employment related purposes, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with VideoAmp, to manage your employment relationship with us and for general employee administration and processing (including but not limited to employee payroll and benefits administration), and to create, maintain, and secure your online employee accounts with VideoAmp.
- Financial information such as banking information for direct deposit, debit card number, credit card number, tax selections, pay rate, and payroll deduction information. VideoAmp collects this information for employee-related human resource administration (including employee payroll and benefits administration), processing work-related claims (for example, insurance or payment claims), and all related accounting and auditing.
- Benefit selection and related information such as your benefit selection, social security number or other government identification number, date of birth, health insurance information, policy number, beneficiaries, and other selections. VideoAmp collects this information to administer benefit claims and for employee related human resource administration.
- Protected classification and diversity information such as age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), and veteran or military status. VideoAmp collects this information to comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and it may be used for diversity reporting and initiatives.
- Employment-related information such as current or past employment history, employee status and title, job evaluations, employment status, work schedule, job assignments, hours worked, training and development information, performance evaluation information, disciplinary and other job performance counseling information, and employment termination information. VideoAmp collects this information to make an employment and/or job related decision that involves you, to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information as a job applicant or employee, to provide you with employment with VideoAmp, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, for mandated accommodation purposes, conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development requirements, promotions or demotions, and to gather evidence for disciplinary action or termination, for other human resource administration purposes, and to administer and process employee benefits.
- Education information such as education history, and past employment history. VideoAmp collects this information to evaluate and make an employment and/or job related decision that involves you, to provide you with employment with VideoAmp, to assess qualifications for a particular job or task, conduct performance reviews and determine performance requirements, for education, training, and development uses. Education and work history information of our employees may also be used for client marketing.
- Health and Safety Information such as health conditions, if relevant to your employment, job restrictions, workplace accident and illness information, and health insurance policy information. This includes, but is not limited to, safety measures such as temperature/thermal scans and other determiners of potential symptoms called for during public health outbreaks (such as Covid-19). VideoAmp collects this information to maintain a safe workplace, assess your working capacity and make necessary accommodations, administer health and Worker’s Compensation programs, and comply with applicable laws.
- Health and Wellness Information, such as fitness programs or habits you are engaged in or interested in, or such as participation in Company sponsored wellness programs. This information might be used for wellness programs to be offered to employees, or to offer services to employees outside of the work context. Wellness incentive programs, such as Inbody scale and Wodify app, might also collect personal data from you as part of the operation of those incentive programs and are not covered by this Privacy Notice and we urge you to review relevant third party privacy policies.
- Network activity information, including use of internet activity and use of applications on company-issued cell phones or use of your personal phone for company business, and also internet access and activity information on company-issued computers. Further, usage information, and identifiable means of log in, may be collected (either by VideoAmp and/or third-parties) through your use of SaaS software and applications. VideoAmp collects this information for confidentiality and security reasons, including to protect proprietary information and other data and security breaches, and to be able to erase devices remotely should data need to be protected.
- Biometric information, including genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. Biometric information might also be used to allow you physical access to our data centers and electronic access to data center providers. We also utilize on-site security cameras, and in the future might collect and utilize biometric information as part of that security system, including access and monitoring.
- Beneficiary Information of your beneficiaries, such as name and contact information, relationship to you, birth date, social security or other government identification number, and any other information necessary to process any benefits claims. VideoAmp collects this information to administer and process any related benefit claims.
- Emergency Contact Information of person(s) you designate as your emergency contact(s) such as their name and contact information, and their relationship to you. VideoAmp collects this information to maintain contact information should an emergency involving you arise during your employment
VideoAmp does not intend to use the applicable personal information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing you with additional and/or updated notice. Further, VideoAmp does not intend on retaining your personal information for each disclosed purpose for which the personal information was collected for longer than is reasonably necessary for that disclosed purpose.
Disclosure to Third Parties
VideoAmp does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties for any monetary consideration. VideoAmp intends on only sharing your personal information with service providers in order to administer employee benefits, including for payment of wages, tax processing, and health insurance, in connection with its human resource activities (including job performance and employee satisfaction feedback, and building and office access), business operations, and network security purposes. These service providers may include, but are not limited to, employee benefit providers, payroll, wellness apps, and third-party providers for operations such as software licenses, communication tools, video conferencing access, and key cards for access to the facilities and certain company equipment, and other security. Information on your employment status may also be provided to third-party servicers, such as in response to reference checks and other inquiries. Additionally, your personal information may be stored and used through other services such as, for example, cloud data storage services. Any and all of these third-party service providers, and especially software providers, platforms, and apps, may change frequently as technology develops and as we find other providers. It is important to note that third party service providers have their own privacy policies regarding the collection and use of personal information, and data collected by them will be subject to such service provider’s policy and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We urge you to review relevant third party privacy policies. If you would like to know more information about our service providers, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. VideoAmp also discloses your personal information when required to by local, state, or federal law.
VideoAmp might also receive, or have access to, this kind of personal information about you from these and other third parties. VideoAmp similarly uses this information for business and employment-related purposes such as outlined above, and other examples include surveys, team-building, and employment benefit audits.
It is important to know that anonymous submissions to such third parties will remain anonymous, unless provided otherwise. This Privacy Notice does not change your anonymous submissions to the extent you are informed of such status.
Your continuing employment is considered to be your consent to VideoAmp gathering and using personal information consistent with this policy.
Regarding disclosure, when VideoAmp discloses your personal information to third party service providers it is for business and employment-related purposes, and when we do so we ask them to agree to keep the information confidential and to not use it for any purpose except as permitted in their agreement with VideoAmp. Your continued employment with VideoAmp is implied consent to our using and disclosing that personal information in this manner. Third party vendors who obtain information from and/or about you might provide the information to VideoAmp, and you similarly impliedly consent to this disclosure and to our use of that information.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
VideoAmp reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when and if any updates are made. If VideoAmp intends to use your previously collected personal data for different purposes than those it notified you about at the time of collection, it will endeavor to provide you with notice and, where required by law, seek your consent, before using your personal data for a new or unrelated purpose. In our increasingly technological society, privacy laws are rapidly evolving. If you believe that we are not complying with any current or future laws, regulations or guidelines, please let us know so we can endeavor to fully protect your privacy concerns and rights.
Last modified: April 26, 2021